Tonite Lets All Make Love In London
A Film by Peter Whitehead
The Original Sun Albums - 1957 - 1964
click for more info
Itchycoo Park (Picture Disc)
Champagne And Valium (7” single)
Jerry Lee Lewis
Down The Road With Jerry Lee
Put Your Cat Clothes On
Townes Van Zandt
click for more info
94 East (featuring Prince)
94 East (featuring Prince - 3LP box set)
click for more info
Here Come The Nice - The Immediate Years 1967-1969
'A complete delight!' PETE TOWNSHEND
'I loved 'em then and still do! I always will.' PAUL WELLER
For contractual reasons this release is not available to purchase from this site by customers in the UK.
THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION
Celebrating the Small Faces' recent induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
• 4 CDs - 75 songs remastered from original tapes
• 72-page hardback book, lavishly illustrated
• 3 rare singles in red, white & blue vinyl
• Olympic Studios 7-inch replica acetate
• 64-page softcover illustrated lyric book
• 5 postcards with rare photos & artwork
• Ogdens’ Nut Gone Flake facsimile press kit
• 2 large-size reproduction posters
• 2 exclusive Gered Mankowitz fine art prints
In celebration of the Small Faces’ recent induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Charly Records are proud to present Here Come The Nice, a deluxe heavyweight 4 CD box set chronicling the group’s career on Andrew Loog Oldham’s pioneering Immediate Records label, curated by surviving band members Kenney Jones and Ian McLagan.
A whopping 75 songs includes every hit single, A & B side released worldwide on Immediate Records plus a generous bounty of unreleased material, outtakes, early and alternate versions, live tracks and previously unheard recording sessions from Olympic, Trident and IBC Studios, all sourced and remastered from recently discovered original master and multi-track tapes.
The lavish 72-page hardback book, with a heartfelt foreword by Pete Townshend and introduction by Kenney and Mac, is full of previously unseen photos and rare memorabilia, a career overview by esteemed Mojo magazine scribe Mark Paytress, copious and revealing track-by-track annotation, new testimonials from the likes of Robert Plant, Paul Weller, David Bowie, Nick Mason, Peter Frampton - and much more!
The box is crammed full with exclusive extras, such as replicas of three of the rarest Small Faces EPs in colored vinyl, an impossibly rare Olympic Studios acetate, large-size repro posters, fine art prints, 64-page fully illustrated lyric booklet, collectors postcards and more, all paying testament to the enduring musical genius of the Small Faces.
Here Come The Nice is the ultimate, indispensible tribute to Swinging London’s finest and best-loved pop heroes!
“I loved ’em then and still do! I always will.”
What's In The Box?
Lavishly illustrated 72 page hardbound coffee table book:
Introduction by Kenney & Mac plus a foreword by Pete Townshend.
Over 90 classic, rare & previously unpublished photos & memorabilia.
Definitive sleeve notes include new & archive interviews.
Written contributions from Robert Plant, Paul Weller, David Bowie, Nick Mason, Peter Frampton, Chris Robinson (The Black Crowes), Glen Matlock (Sex Pistols), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chilli Peppers), Paul Stanley (Kiss) & many more.
Exclusive Gered Mankowitz interview on photographing 'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake'.
Track-by-track illustrated guide to every song on the box set.
64-page fully illustrated song booklet with rare photos & memorabilia.
Complete lyrics transcribed & endorsed by band members for the first time ever.
Red, white and blue coloured vinyl:
Three replica 7-inch EPs of the rarest Small Faces vinyl originally released in 1967:
• Small Faces album sampler - Excerpts from the Small Faces LP.
• Here Come The Nice 4 song French EP in picture sleeve.
• Itchycoo Park 4 song French EP in picture sleeve.
Replica Studio Acetate:
Olympic Sound Studios one-off acetate pressing for Andrew Loog-Oldham for the song 'Mystery'.
Two large reproduction posters:
Reproductions of original posters for the Tin Soldier single featuring photography by Gered Mankowitz
Newcastle City Hall live concert from 1968.
Press kit for Ogden's Gone Nut Flake:
Rare 6-panel Immediate Records Press Kit from 1968.
Double sided postcards:
Five collector's edition postcards with rare photos of each Small Faces band member backed with memorabilia from the Immediate Records Archive.
Fine art prints:
Two beautiful prints provided by Gered Mankowitz from his 1967 Itchycoo Park photo sessions.
Disc One Small Faces Singles Worldwide As, Bs & EPs:
1. Here Come The Nice (mono) 2:55
2. Talk To You (mono) 2:05
3. (Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me (mono) 2:15
4. Something I Want To Tell You (mono) 2:07
5. Get Yourself Together (mono) 2:16
6. Become Like You (mono) 1:56
7. Green Circles (mono) 2:32
8. Eddie's Dreaming (b-side edit) (mono) 2:41
9. Itchycoo Park (mono) 2:44
10. I'm Only Dreaming (mono) 2:22
11. Tin Soldier (mono) 3:19
12. I Feel Much Better (mono) 3:55
13. Lazy Sunday (mono) 3:02
14. Rollin' Over (Part II of Happiness Stan) (mono) 2:12
15. Mad John (single version) (mono) 2:07
16. The Journey (single version) (mono) 2:51
17. The Universal (mono) 2:42
18. Donkey Rides, A Penny A Glass (mono) 2:47
19. Afterglow Of Your Love (single version) (mono) 3:22
20. Wham Bam Thank You Mam (mono) 3:18
Original Immediate single versions. Taken from original mono master tapes.
Disc Two Small Faces In The Studio - Olympic, IBC & Trident Sessions - Part 1:
1. Shades Of Green (mono) 0:38
2. Green Circles (take 1) (mono) 1:04
3. Green Circles (take 1 alt mix 1) (mono) 2:45
4. Anything (tracking session) (stereo) 3:46
5. Anything (backing track) (stereo) 3:06
6. Show Me The Way (stripped down mix) (stereo) 2:09
7. Wit Art Yer (tracking session) (mono) 2:50
8. Wit Art Yer (backing track) (stereo) 2:27
9. I Can't Make It (alt mix) (stereo) 2:26
10. Doolally (tracking session) (mono) 4:06
11. What's It Called? (overdub session) (mono) 0:36
12. Call It Something Nice (take 9) (stereo) 2:04
13. Wide Eyed Girl (take 2) (stereo) 1:43
14. Wide Eyed Girl On The Wall (alt mix) (stereo) 3:28
15. Donkey Rides, A Penny A Glass (stripped down mix) (stereo) 3:21
16. Red Balloon With A Blue Surprise (take 5) (stereo) 0:46
17. Red Balloon (alt mix) (stereo) 4:29
18. Saieide Mamoon (tracking session) (stereo) 9:36
All tracks previously unreleased versions. Taken from original studio multitrack and session master tapes.
Disc Three Small Faces In The Studio - Olympic, IBC & Trident Sessions - Part 2:
1. Wham Bam Thank You Mam (alt mix) (stereo) 3:22
2. I Can't Make It (stripped down mix) (stereo) 2:33
3. This Feeling Of Spring (take 1) (stereo) 1:43
4. All Our Yesterdays (backing track) (mono) 2:09
5. Talk To You (alt mix) (stereo) 2:22
6. Mind The Doors Please (mono) 5:01
7. Things Are Going To Get Better (stripped down mix) (stereo) 2:43
8. Mad John (tracking session) (stereo) 3:58
9. A Collibosher (take 4) (stereo) 3:31
10. Lazy Sunday Afternoon (early mix) (mono) 3:00
11. Jack (backing track) (stereo) 3:35
12. Fred (backing track) (stereo) 3:06
13. Red Balloon (stripped down mix) (stereo) 1:33
14. Kolomodelomo (take 1) (stereo) 2:45
15. Donkey Rides, A Penny A Glass (alt mix) (stereo) 3:34
16. Jenny's Song (take 2) (stereo) 4:04
All tracks previously unreleased versions. Taken from original studio multitrack and session master tapes
Disc Four Alternate Small Faces Outtakes & In Concert:
1. Itchycoo Park (take 1 stereo mix) (stereo) 2:50
2. Here Come The Nice (take 1 stereo mix) (stereo) 3:01
3. I'm Only Dreaming (take 1 stereo mix) (stereo) 2:23
4. Don't Burst My Bubble (mono) 2:24
5. I Feel Much Better (stereo) 3:56
6. Green Circles (take 1 Italian version) (mono) 2:44*
7. Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow (alt mix) (stereo) 1:50*
8. Piccanniny (alt mix) (stereo) 3:02
9. Get Yourself Together (alt mix) (stereo) 2:18*
10. Eddie's Dreaming (take 2 alt mix) (stereo) 2:44*
11. (Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me (take 2 alt mix) (stereo) 2:08*
12. Up The Wooden Hills To Bedfordshire (US alt mix) (mono) 2:00*
13. Afterglow Of Your Love (alt single version) (mono) 3:36*
14. (If You Think You're) Groovy (mono) (The Lot Version)- P.P. Arnold & Small Faces 2:55
15. Me You And Us Too (mono) 3:32
16. The Universal (take 1 stereo mix) (stereo) 2:39
17. Rollin' Over (live) (stereo) 2:29
18. If I Were A Carpenter (live) (stereo) 2:29
19. Every Little Bit Hurts (live) (stereo) 6:12
20. All Or Nothing (live) (stereo) 4:05
21. Tin Soldier (live) (stereo) 3:19
All tracks rare or * previously unreleased versions. Taken from original studio and session master tapes.
Live tracks recorded at Newcastle City Hall 18 November 1968. Taken from Pye Studios master tape, pitch and speed corrected.
Small Faces Box set vinyl:
• Small Faces Album Sampler - One-sided promo single - Excerpts From The Small Faces L.P. (mono)
The original 7" vinyl was issued as a promotional single for the debut Immediate album. Featuring excepts from Get Yourself Together, Green Circles, Talk To You, All Our Yesterdays, Up The Wooden Hills To Bedfordshire with DJ Tommy Vance announcements, the original vinyl has gone on to become the rarest Small Faces single amongst collectors.
• Here Come The Nice - French E.P.
Here Come The Nice (mono) - This is the same performance as the regular 'Here Come The Nice' mixed to mono but similar to other releases at the time, was subjected to varispeed so plays slightly faster.
• Talk To You (mono)
Become Like You (mono)
Get Yourself Together (mono)
• Itchycoo Park - French E.P.
Itchycoo Park (mono)
I'm Onky Dreaming (mono)
Green Circles (mono)
Eddie's Dreaming (mono)
• Mystery - Replica acetate
Intended to be a single, a handful of acetates of Mystery were produced for the band and Andrew Loog Oldham to check the mix. For unknown reasons, the single wasn't released, and Ronnie went back into Olympic to record a new vocal during April 1967 for the newly entitled 'Something I Want To Tell You'. This is a replica of the acetate delivered to Andrew Loog Oldham back in 1967.